Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Provider Spotlight: Cindy Huang, PA-C


Cindy Huang is Florida Skin Center's physician assistant for the Lehigh Acres office. She is the newest provider to join our team. She received her B.A. in Psychology from Binghamton University, and her Masters in Medical Science from Arcadia University.

What inspired you to pursue a career as a physician assistant?
After college, I worked in behavioral cardiovascular research for several years, and interacted with subjects that would ask me a lot of medical questions that I could not answer. I have always had a desire to help people, and so I decided I wanted to become more directly involved in patient care. The physician assistant profession was appealing to me, because it allows one to provide care to patients but still have a life outside of work.

What are some of the highlights of your career? 
I would say working for Florida Skin Center is the highlight of my career. I worked for a few different practices in New York before moving here, and I have not come across a better organization to work for. Dr. Badia is an excellent and caring physician, and my colleagues are awesome. We work as a team to serve our patients, who are our #1 priority. It is always very rewarding to hear good feedback from patients that I have taken care of - those are usually highlights of my day/career! 

What are three things a patient can do to maintain healthy skin?
Moisturize your skin daily, wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 30 (and reapply at least every 2 hours), and get regular full-body skin checks.

What do you include in your own skin care regimen? 
I use Skin Medica's Retinol Complex and TNS Eye Repair to help keep my skin looking more youthful by reducing the look of fine lines and dark circles. I also like Skin Medica's HA5 Hydrator, which makes my skin feel very soft and smooth almost instantly. I use Colorescience's Sunforgettable in the morning, which is a powder mineral sunscreen. It's very quick to apply, which is crucial because I'm always in a rush in the morning!

What are the most common procedures you perform? What are the ones you most commonly recommend?   
Being a dermatology physician assistant is great because we get to do both cosmetic and medical procedures. The most common medical procedures I perform are skin biopsies; they are also the most common medical procedure I recommend, because a large percentage of patients coming in for their full-body skin checks are not aware of some of the abnormal moles or growths on their body that need to be tested. On the cosmetic side, it depends on what the patient is looking to improve. One of the many great things about Florida Skin Center is that we offer a full array of cosmetic/aesthetic (and medical) services, so we have many options to treat the signs of aging, from fillers and Botox to laser to chemical peels to microneedling.

What do you like to do for fun? 
I love to try new restaurants, play sports, and do DIY projects. I also love spending time with my 2 cute nephews.

What do you like most about working at FSC? 
The FSC culture, which emphasizes teamwork and growth. I enjoy coming in to work every morning and knowing that I'm part of a team that cares about each other, both personally and professionally. 

What is the last book you read? 
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, although I'm still working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment