Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Wish there was something easy you could do to help others or a way to give back to your community? Well we have something in mind. Stop by our office on Tuesday Oct 25th and give blood. The big red bus will be in our parking lot from 9am-4am. Did you know that by donating just a pint of blood you could save up to 3 lives?
Here are some common facts about blood needs from the American Red Cross.
·Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
· More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day.
· A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S. (2006).
· The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
· The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
· The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
· More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
· A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
So if you are in the area on this day or coming to the office for your visit please stop by and give blood. It’s a great way to give back.