Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Provider Spotlight: Brooke Drew, PA-C


Brooke Drew is Florida Skin Center's physician assistant for the Cape Coral office. She has been with Florida Skin Center for 3 years. She received her B.S. in Biomedical Science from the University of South Florida, and her Masters in Medical Science from Nova Southeastern University.

What inspired you to pursue a career as a physician assistant?
Science was my favorite subject in school, and I have always had a desire to help people. I chose to become a Physician Assistant to help others, while also having time to be with and take care of my family.  I had some of my own experiences with skin conditions at a young age, and that is what made me want to pursue a career in Dermatology.

What are some of the highlights of your career? 
I can say that I am in my dream career. Dr Badia is a wonderful physician to work with and my colleagues are top notch. I am proud to have the Cape Coral location open to serve patients’ needs for everything from routine skin checks, to surgeries, lasers, and cosmetic procedures on a daily basis. I love when patients come back and tell me their condition is better, and knowing that I can potentially change their life by taking care of their skin.

What are three things a patient can do to maintain healthy skin?
Cleansing, Moisturizing, and Sunscreen (a yearly skin check of course goes along with the sunscreen).

What do you include in your own skin care regimen? 
To keep my skin clear and youthful, I use Skin Medica's AHA/BHA wash. It gives me the right balance of clean and also helps to exfoliate away dead skin. I also use retinol and TNS Essential Serum daily. These products help to exfoliate and improve collagen to keep my skin looking refreshed. I finish my daily routine with Skin Medica's Tinted Total Defense and Repair. It gives me protection (SPF 30) and color for the day.

What are the most common procedures you perform? What are the ones you most commonly recommend?   
One thing I love about my career as a Dermatology Physician Assistant is that I do a little of everything. Routine biopsies are the most common procedures I do, but I really enjoy surgery.

What do you like to do for fun? 
I am married and a mother of 2 busy girls, ages 2 and 4. We have family in the area and spend a lot of time with them. We also like to go on the boat (of course with sunscreen and protective clothing ;) )

What do you like most about working at FSC? 
Relationships and the ability to grow. We are a close family here at FSC, and we all care for each other. We are encouraged to grow and take on new tasks, responsibilities, and are always learning.

What is the last book you read? 
I am studying to recertify for my Physician Assistant National Boards this year, so I have been doing a lot of reading and taking courses to prepare.


No comments:

Post a Comment